Sunday, October 7, 2018

Right before our eyes

BLUE & GOLD
"I've driven by this spot a hundred times and never seen that before." How many times have we all said something like that?

I know I've said it . . .more times than I can count. It was with this thought in mind that it recently occurred to me that one of the reasons I enjoy landscape photography so much is that I see things I never took note of before. Of course that may not include the new building going up somewhere or the house that's been torn down on a route I drive regularly, but that's another story.
AUTUMN TEXTURES

I'm pleased to say that today, thanks to my photography I see that collection of river rocks framing an autumn reflection or the textures of a dead tree at the edge of a marsh. Or, I notice the single leaf floating in a little eddy in a local stream, or the contrast of the corn stalks against the summer sky. I could go on, but I think you get the picture (no pun intended).

FROSTED LEAVES
All this thinking (something I'm not necessarily noted for) resulted recently in a desire to exhibit some images of subjects I believe many, if not most, of us walk past and don't really see. Such an exhibit, Right Before Our Eyes is currently on display at Gallery 54. I hope you'll take a moment to stop by and let us know what you think

No comments:

Post a Comment