Friday, August 2, 2013

Colors of the Lake

As I was walking to the gallery one morning last week, I realized I had a bit of time before I needed to open, so I decided to take a few minutes to enjoy the lake.  It was a beautiful morning, sunny but not hot, with a gentle breeze coming off the water.  I was struck by the beauty of the water and the stillness of the morning.  It is not often that we take the time to be still and notice the quiet things around us.
I took this photo that morning.  The color of the water is just gorgeous.  Skaneateles lake provides all the drinking water for the city of Syracuse.  This photo really shows how clean and clear the water is!  This photo was taken just a few steps from our gallery entrance.
Many of our artists explore color in their work.  Above is a photo of Lauren Ritchie's pottery, with colors of water in the glaze.  Below is a hand-dyed silk scarf by Barb Weingart.
We invite you to come in for a visit, take a moment to sit by the lake, and explore the beautiful hand-made creations that we have to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment