Monday, June 24, 2013

The Land of Misfit Paintings

"There is a television show that airs during Christmas that refers to the "land of the misfit toys". Last weekend we went to our camp in Vermont and it occurred to me that our camp is the home of the misfit paintings. Hanging are paintings of mine that didn't meet my critical eye but still the process and finished piece was of value and even delight to me. One such painting is a watercolor named, "Time to Say Goodbye". It was done from a photograph I took on our only trip to Italy of three tenors singing to a group of us. The song depicted was of the Andrea Bocelli song, "Time to Say Goodbye". It was a beautiful evening and their voices and the music penetrated all our hearts and there was not a dry eye in the room. So, although the painting does not meet my high technical standards when I see it again I am brought back to that magical evening and am so glad I am surrounded by my misfit pieces."

Art brings joy,
Kathy Schneider

No comments:

Post a Comment