Sunday, May 19, 2013

Kathleen Schneider: Watercolor and Acrylic Artist

"Art, for me, is less a career path and more a creative journey. As long as I can remember I was drawing or painting pictures of my siblings, my surroundings, even people on television like the Marlboro man. At ten years old when my Uncle gave me a John Gagny drawing kit for Christmas I realized that art books could be a means of instruction and so the journey continued. I believe that the gift of creating art is given to me only so that I may in turn give it to others and the finished painting still only part of the process; the process only complete when someone is touched by the piece. The painting below is a watercolor of my Grandfather and me. I hope you visit Gallery 54 where our passion for art surrounds you."

No comments:

Post a Comment